Wednesday, November 10, 2010

What are words for?

OK, so I'm grosssly behind in my nanowrimo adventure. It is November 9th, and I'm supposed to be at 15,003 words. I am currently at 6585. YIKES! Behind SCREAMS!
I'm not going to stress out about it, and follow the words of one wise woman (CCS), and just have fun with this. Its getting kinda interesting, and even though my "novel" is totally "character" driven, I'm trying to pull together a plot, hopefully with a happy ending. (Boy, I sure am glad I opted to not do the zombie apocalypse fiction I wanted to do in September.)

This weekend was a good one.
Saturday I met, E, K and L for brunch, before we went to the Hammer. They had this really cool mandala exhibit. 4 or 5 Nepalese buddhist monks were creating the sand drawing(?), and we caught it the day before they performed the dissolution exhibit. I'm not going to lie, I wish I could have gotten my beans together to get down there to watch the ceremony and dissolution in the sea, but could not do it.


(This is pretty cool, they did the whole thing freehand)

Sunday we took the girls to Griffith Park for B's 9th birthday party. K was a little bitch, growling and barking at other dogs, but otherwise, enjoyed the day and had a good hike. I had a good hike too (I forgot how steep that thing is).


(The birthday girl)


(K had to sit off to the side, cause she just wanted to bark at other dogs. I am squatting like a pet chimp)


(B decided she hasn't had enough treats, love or cake so she decided to raid the spare goody bags)

Gaining an hour of sleep has been nice, but now, apparently my commute is 1 hour and its going to kill me. I've been sleeping every night at 10, just from sheer exhaustion.

M is in town tomorrow night, so I know this weekend is going to get deep again too. I kind of want to take K for another Griffith Park hike, so I'm going to try and introduce that idea to E and M.

How the hull is it already Thanksgiving? In the email, we're already making plans for the few days I'll be up north. Parties, Fort Funston runs, bar hopping, and a ZPH visit.
AGHHHH. This year is flying!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment