Wednesday, December 30, 2009

eff you 2009.

OK. I was in the course of doing some drunken facebook stalking last night, and came across the blog of someone I used to like..I’ve been reading it, and its made me realize that a) I should start a blog as well, and b) dammit, we’d be a real good couple..But that’s neither here nor there. The fact is, I’ve always resisted blogging because I find it self indulgent. Does anyone really care about what I have to say? And anyways, what with facebook and twitter and myspace and all the social networking sites out there, everyone I know basically knows what I’m doing whenever I’m in front of a computer, which is probably 45% of the day. (that may not seem like a lot, but considering I spend about 10-11 hours a day in front of a computer, sleep 6-7 and commute the rest, that number is actually pretty low).

I think it would probably be better if I waited for the new year, but hell, that’s only 2 days away, and I’m going to be out of town anyways..

So here are some random thoughts about today:

-I’m cold. This office is warmer then it usually is, and today I left a scarf at home, but today I’m really cold. I guess I’m always cold though, part of that is the thyroid shit and the other part of that is the season, but still.

-I need a haircut real bad. I just looked at myself in the mirror, and was frightened to see this scraggly mess. I hate when girls don’t cut or trim their hair cause its long, and they don’t want to lose any length, and now I’ve become one of those people. But don’t get me wrong. The reason I haven’t cut my hair yet is cause I can’t deal with hauling ass to Chinatown for a 20 dollar haircut. Its seriously a trek.

-I’m really excited about getting out of town this weekend with the gang, and am trying to not freak out about time schedules/rides/logistics and leaving Karen with Mike for the weekend. My one big new years resolution this year is to just breathe and not freak out about every little thing. Sometimes shit just happens and I gotta learn to roll with the punches.

-All these movie remakes of movies I loved when I was a kid is making me feel really weird. Some of them are ok (Star Trek ), but I don’t think anyone should mess with perfection, not even you Hollywood (Karate Kid and Nightmare on Elm Street).

-Mike made me watch Starship Troopers last night, and for whatever reason, I found it gruesome and stupid. Which is weird, cause you know I love camp better then the rest of them…
-Work has been really trying for me this past few weeks, and its really just cause I’m tired, irritated and wishing I made more money. I shouldn’t even be complaining. It could be worse, and I could be unemployed.

-I can’t stop listening to X and the Talking Heads. You guys, Los Angeles is a really good album.

-Last night I watched Arrested Development as I went to bed. There is nothing funnier then that show. It makes me jealous I didn’t write it. I wish I were that clever and funny. “Oh. Ann Hog is coming?” Brilliant.

That’s its for now you jags..is anyone reading this?

1 comment:

  1. I read it!!!! I need to watch more Arrested Development. Also, I got your X-mas card. I wish I had a Karen of my own.

    ReplyDelete